Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v6 new sparkplug leads ?

muzza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina
hi guys just wonderin im pretty sure my leads are original i read somewhere they should b changed every 40 000 km car seems to run ok when idleing for a minute but there is a very very slight rough idle u can feel very slight but anyway just wonderin if any1 has encountered this before also i reckon the car accelerates a bit sluggish probaly just how the autos in these vs are it has got 180 000 km i suppose cheers muzza

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
try getting injectors externally cleaned, mine used to be sluggish off the line, now it takes of alot better since putting new ones in, i also did trans service too

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
try getting injectors externally cleaned, mine used to be sluggish off the line, now it takes of alot better since putting new ones in, i also did trans service too

When you say externally cleaned, you mean servicing them?

Also, change the fuel and airfilter (K&N airfilter, cleaned it), and spark plugs (Bosch Super 4) aswell, did mine today, noticed the difference straight away.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
what the diff in the spark plugs? i just use normal NGK ones :unsure:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You can check your spark plugs easily with a multimeter (do a search - I made a how to). Basically if the resistance is too high, replace the faulty one. You can do them anyway if your keen, a new set is about $50, you should do the spark plugs at the same time for $8. But if the car is running fine, dont worry about the spark plug leads. They are pretty reliable. I honestly dont believe there is any difference in spark plug leads. Companies do try and market them and say they put all sorts of various metals in them, at the end of the day, they all do the same job. Same input, same output.