Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS v6 owners check this out

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
At the wreckers lately and there was another VS burnt extensively on right hand side of engine and front guard /bumper /bonnet etc and written off from this alternator fault so don't let this happen to yours.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
im freaking out, will check mine tomorrow!

stheggie

Reaction score
Had the same problem about a year ago with my VS Series 1, Had only done 70,000k's though. Same symptoms, car stopped. Also have a mate who has a VT Series 1 and also had the same problem.. Holden obviously didnt sort the problem out before the VT was released.

anarky

Reaction score
Website
www.anarky.tk
Members Ride
In transition from a Magna to a VN S pac
Yikes!

Hey guys Im back.

I had a problem Boxing day last year - my battery died overnight, and after two jump starts, wouldn't hold charge. At first I thought it may be the alternater. But it was whirring away nicely. Turns out it was a flat (and buggered) battery. So, $115 later, I've got an Exide 470CCA (?) Estra Heavy Duty 13 plate battery in it. But the bastard still takes around 6 to 7 seconds to fire when cold. Yet, I've heard other VS/VR's firing instantly when cold. I have a suspicion the start injector may be blocked, and not letting enough fuel through. (Does it have one?) ;)

Hrm.. just flicking through the workshop manual - vacuum leaks may be a problem.

I have checked out that clunking noise coming from front left sway arms, have checked bearings, hubs, all exellent. The next thing I looked at was the steering box. A slight amount of freeplay there, and thats probably the cause. Everything seems very secure, so I don't see it as being a problem for now.

As for the problem of this thread, I will check it out after work tomorrow. Ill get back to you on it. So far it hasn't happened to me and I have 116,000 on it.

B

bnorton

Yep i got the same problem when i first purchased my VS. Believe it or not i had to take it back to Holden 3 times before they found the culprit. At first they thought it was the battery, then the alternator and finally they got it !

W

wakesetter_boarder

my battery bout to die.... ill check this over the weekend. thanx heaps

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
hi dude thanx for the tip ill check this out when i get to work tomorrow ;)

anarky

Reaction score
Website
www.anarky.tk
Members Ride
In transition from a Magna to a VN S pac
Well, as it turns out, I haven't had much of a problem with it since New Year's. When cold, it does take some hesitation before it fires, but when warm it's as good as gold. I have unfortunately found a leaky oil seal behind the harmonic balancer, hence I am always regularly topping up oil until I can get the time and money together to have it fixed. Anyone else had this problem?

Oh yeah, the electrical problem described by markovr is not apparent, and all the connections are very secure. I have a small fuel effiecency problem which I may have overcome. I may have been driving far too gently. Ironic, isn't it! Well driving rough around town I have used a bit less than half a tank to do 200kms. Had I been driving gently like I used to, I would be almost due for a refill. Next tank fill I will run some injector cleaner through it and take it for a spin. Then we will see how well it starts, etc.

>anarky

B

blake1986

Heyz... Same thing happin 2 me. got stranded, dash lights workin though when i went to turn the key it wouldnt start up. call racv, dey came told me i needed new fuel pump. so got the new fuel pump, now my car sounds like da battery is flat when i go to start her up. da battery is good, got it tested... u's fink itz da alternator ????