Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS v6 owners check this out

Moose61

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Does anyone know of a bench seat conversion for vs ute?

CommoBloke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon VDJ79 series cab chassis
Oh so that's the alternator.. I thought it was the turbo!

HK69PREM

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 Stock Berlina Series II
Checking mine today! THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ;)

Stephen Lander

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute
I have just fixed 2 VS's lately with the same problem .....flat battery and car stops on them and leaves them in the middle of nowhere.Both phoned up the local racq for assistance and had to be tilt-trayed home.Both cars had about 175 k on the clock.
At the back of the alternator on a ecotec v6 on the drivers side is a heavy red wire that is responsible for charging the battery. The lug on this wire gets a loose connection heats up bad and eventually breaks off, leaving a unprotected 12v feed to move around the metal of the engine behind the alternator looking for a earth to set the engine on fire....if you're unlucky.
To see it properly you have to take the plastic engine cover off but that is only 4 x 10mm head nuts and look at the back of the alternator.
There is a rubber cover over the terminal.
Both cars had burnt this wire back for about 10 cms ...so all I had to do is strip the wire back to where the wire was good and barrel lug a new wire with the right 5/16 hole lug on the end of it. Easy fix but not if you are a fair way from home.
Well you can ad my vs to the list as well
Stranded in the northern territory for hours
No phone and no one would stop
After awhile Ismelt

AB 1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 vy manual ute and 1998 VS S pac ute
Well this is yet another really helpful post on this site ( Thank you ) we checked it on our VS s pac ute and it was fine but thank you to everyone for these really helpful posts!.