Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 scan done along with fault codes

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr berlina 3.8 v6 , 1996 VS executive 3.8 v6
Damn, I'm sure your neighbours loved you last night
It's not to bad immortality, I'm pretty quiet.
After changing the tps sensor back last night, it must of logged code 22 - tps low voltage.
I went out and checked the paper clip codes and got code 22.
I've had the engine fuse out now for about an hour, so I'll put back in and hopfully that doesn't come back.
So frustrating. Especially with the scan tool error codes. Which I haven't checked again today yet

Pete

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I don't know why but I found every time I ever removed the TPS on my Ecotec that pretty much fucked it. Dead. Happened twice so I learnt after that once it's on don't touch it. I always used genuine TPS too. They last about 5 years for me.
If it's not the TPS I wonder if it's the wiring to it. Given the age of the car now the harness will be getting pretty old and brittle in places.

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't know why but I found every time I ever removed the TPS on my Ecotec that pretty much fucked it. Dead. Happened twice so I learnt after that once it's on don't touch it. I always used genuine TPS too. They last about 5 years for me.
If it's not the TPS I wonder if it's the wiring to it. Given the age of the car now the harness will be getting pretty old and brittle in places.
What brand would you call genuine grennacc.
Delphi? Or only ones from Holden?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Could it also have a vacuum leak somewhere?

Found some cars will idle rougher yet not punch up codes like leaking booster/fitting or vacuum hose for heater controls/ball sometimes is enough

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What brand would you call genuine grennacc.
Delphi? Or only ones from Holden?
Good question, can't remember what brand the dealer sells. Could have been Delphi or Denso or Bosch perhaps. They were about $70 each AUD.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

I've not had that issue but I'm fairly careful removing and installing em.

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Could it also have a vacuum leak somewhere?

Found some cars will idle rougher yet not punch up codes like leaking booster/fitting or vacuum hose for heater controls/ball sometimes is enough
When I was under the car the other day, I pulled the hose off the vacume ball, and it hissed/ released the vacume it had in it. Now would that tell me it doesn't have a leak?
Or should I investigate the heater hoses for vacume?

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've not had that issue but I'm fairly careful removing and installing em.
I can't say I've had this problem either, but I know when the tps doesn't work properly, it won't drop down and give awesome power. Lick when I changed tps for spare one last name ght, I had error code, plus the trans was a bit heavy shifting, and didn't kick down like normal.

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just had a quick read of a vacuum leak thread post by hako, about cycling the vent dial for the heater when the key is turned off.
So I done this, and after turning from defrost to recirculate and back to defrost about 5 times, I couldn't hear the vacuum after that.

Wondering if this means there's a leak

Pete

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not sure how lines run on ecotec...usually a line to vacuum ball under guard & from manifold a line into 1 way vacuum valve through firewall into switch thing under dash for flaps etc.

You hear them clunk when moving...engine running

Might also have one on heater tap etc

Assuming yours has had a combination of issues for awhile to get those kinds of faults pop up.