Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 scan done along with fault codes

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr berlina 3.8 v6 , 1996 VS executive 3.8 v6
Hey,

I just thought I'd check and eliminate the spark from the coil pack plugs.
And I find that number 2 terminal on the coil packs doesn't have any spark.
I swapped to a spare coil pack and now number 2 has spark. There's still a miss.
Although it has spark, it's not as constant as terminal 5. Similar colour purply marone I'd call it.
I'm thinking it's the dfi module.

Im being borrowed an aldl cable at some stage to log error codes.
Hopfully that may tell a story.

Haven't done a compression test yet

Pete

Last edited:

pete30nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr berlina 3.8 v6 , 1996 VS executive 3.8 v6
Went out the other day, went through come home, started car.. and it koncked out.
I'd had this before, so off home to grab my other cars dfi module, and this remedeed the problem at the moment.
Don't buy one from NZ Holden, $500+ lol...
Who can we trust via eBay?

Pete

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Went out the other day, went through come home, started car.. and it koncked out.
I'd had this before, so off home to grab my other cars dfi module, and this remedeed the problem at the moment.
Don't buy one from NZ Holden, $500+ lol...
Who can we trust via eBay?

Pete
Place in Melbourne sell OEM parts on ebay I brought coil packs and sensors from them, never had a problem, so many fakes on ebay so be careful. Glade your getting some where, DFI and coil pack along with the harness is usual suspect when it comes to missing, along with plugs and leads, my car has blown a few air boxes as its on gas, usual suspect spark plug.
If you have a weak spark then it causes corrosion which often leads to other problems on that line like plug and lead failure.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That add is misleading, the pic says original equipment but the brand in the description is PEC Aussie when a genuine ignition module is Delphi like this one.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine...574804&hash=item33f100a1d2:g:bOAAAOSwThtbY5Wx
I know the genuine brand is Delphi my point was that I have had no issue with their products or this seller, yes they might of made a typo error but I know they also sell Delphi and their OEM quality parts not cheap crap from china.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I know the genuine brand is Delphi my point was that I have had no issue with their products or this seller, yes they might of made a typo error but I know they also sell Delphi and their OEM quality parts not cheap crap from china.

It's a big no no when it comes to advertising and it's not the first time I've seen it from them either.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It's a big no no when it comes to advertising and it's not the first time I've seen it from them either.
Oh well, take time out and write to them and explain your concerns, all I'm saying is I trust their products haven't had one bad experience from them, touch wood. Maybe they using genuine coils with a PEC DFI, I would ask them first before buying to clear it up.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
Stay away from those scamming ******* pricks, they sent me the wrong item and said if I want the right one pay $120 more, i had to open a case with eBay to get my money back.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Stay away from those scamming ******* pricks, they sent me the wrong item and said if I want the right one pay $120 more, i had to open a case with eBay to get my money back.
Haven't had a issue, are you sure you order the right thing, they would of asked you to return it before sending out the correct item, not knowing what u brought and what you received doesn't help far as I know you didn't read the page and just brought it. If a item states genuine and it has their brand on the description box I would first ask. Sounds like you didn't want to follow there procedure and got upset with them, not many just send out another item until they first received the wrong item back to many have been burnt by peoples promises. I've talked to these guys direct by phone and they said if its not compatible just send it back for a refund or they would ship out a different one once they receive back the item.