Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 scan done along with fault codes

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
When an advert says genuine in big bold letters you shouldn't need to go looking through all the fine print to find out it's actually not. Buying items sight unseen relies a great deal on the seller been honest with the description of the goods. I've used them once but never again.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
When an advert says genuine in big bold letters you shouldn't need to go looking through all the fine print to find out it's actually not. Buying items sight unseen relies a great deal on the seller been honest with the description of the goods. I've used them once but never again.
Its genuine to them who make it, doesn't state a name but it does have their logo in picture so its not misleading, like I said they do sell Delphi, read the description before you buy. Does it say Holden or Delphi No, besides that there products haven't failed me, if you look on their page they do list known brands in picture, its up to you like I say never had a issue with their OEM replacement parts. What's not to say it is genuine and they put the wrong brand in the description, if your not sure then contact them.
If you made me something then that is the genuine item is it not.

genuine meaning,
authentic, true, actual, bona fide, original, veritable, unadulterated, pure, unmixed, undisguised, unerring, official, certified, verified, confirmed, whole, accurate, proved, tested, ascertained, good, natural, unimpeachable, unquestionable, authenticated, substantial, unalloyed, factual, demonstrable, palpable, ...

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
I ordered the right thing I even sent them a copy of my eBay purchased item to prove it, they sent me a non genuine product instead of the genuine one I purchased and said they couldn't do it for the price I paid, and if I wanted the genuine one I would have to pay $120 more, if you can't sell genuine ones for that price then don't advertise them as genuine, they got upset with me because I caught them out as most people wouldn't know the difference, so don't say I didn't read it properly because you have no ******* clue.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I ordered the right thing I even sent them a copy of my eBay purchased item to prove it, they sent me a non genuine product instead of the genuine one I purchased and said they couldn't do it for the price I paid, and if I wanted the genuine one I would have to pay $120 more, if you can't sell genuine ones for that price then don't advertise them as genuine, they got upset with me because I caught them out as most people wouldn't know the difference, so don't say I didn't read it properly because you have no ******* clue.
Well you didn't read it right, it says clear as day in the info box brand- PEC.
Does it work? was there a issue with it? The price would be a dead give away its aftermarket, pays to read before you buy. Its their product so there for genuine to them if it was a different brand it would of said Delphi like there coils they selling.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Coil pack & DFI $268.00
Item specifics

Condition:
Brand New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Brand: PEC Australia
Note :: For correct fitment refer to our Application list in description Manufacturer Part Number: IGC-440
UPC: Does Not Apply

X3 Coils $ 107.00
Item specifics
Condition:
Brand New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Brand: DELPHI
Note: For correct fitment refer to our Application list in description Manufacturer Part Number: PEC_05481
UPC: Does Not Apply EAN: 9341554018600

1 Coil $34.00
Item specifics
Condition:
Brand: OEM Quality
Manufacturer Part Number: PA-IGC-001M-4 UPC: Does Not Apply

1 coil $38.00
Item specifics
Condition:
Brand: DELPHI
Note: For correct fitment refer to our Application list in description Manufacturer Part Number: PEC_00729
UPC: Does Not Apply EAN: 9341554018600

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I will say that many ebay sellers use the word "Genuine" very flippantly and it's ones own interpretation of what Genuine means.

Of course the buyers always thinks that genuine means it is the manufacturers OEM brand of item, while the sellers uses the word to suck buyers in and uses the word in a round about way to mean it is a genuine DFI module which of course we can all see it's a DFI module.

One has to look for the terminology "Genuine OEM" or "Genuine Holden made Part" etc. It's much the same as "Free Postage" which doesn't exist as it's always factored into the end price.

So what have we learnt ??

"There's no such thing as a Free Lunch", FACT.

In the end some people only see what they want to see and then scream blue murder when it's not what they thought. Some just never learn and merely shop only on price and not comparing apples with apples.

Slowvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vxss
The item I purchased stated it was a genuine OEM Bosch product with Bosch part number for $280, then they send you a $135 knock off they sell instead like I said you have no clue.