Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v6 shocks help

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Hey guys, i just brought some monroe gt gas shocks for my vs because i got ultra king springs and got told i need new shocks as the ones i got are to big which are not allowing my car to sit low enough.

Monroe - GT-Gas

Did i do a mistake buying them and not these?

Monroe - GT Sport

seems to me that the monroe gt gas stocks dont make your car lower but the gt sport ones do?

97VSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE
Gt Sport Are just a better shock they are not shortened

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
It would be better to get shortened shocks aswell but not necessary,the only thing is if you use standard shocks theres a chance they might pop out if you hit a pot hole.And also lowered springs make the car lower not shocks

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
It would be better to get shortened shocks aswell but not necessary,the only thing is if you use standard shocks theres a chance they might pop out if you hit a pot hole.And also lowered springs make the car lower not shocks
The why in the world is my car still not low enough and is sitting on ULTRA LOW KING SPRINGS? must be the shocks?

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
gt sport are a short bodyed strut and are valved different to suit a lowered coil.
and shocks will not alter height, unless you have a factory hsv 19" wheel strut where the spring seat is 10-15mm higher.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Your springs arent low enough to your liking so get ones that are even lower,once again its not the shocks mate,but like I have said you need to have shortened shocks with lowered springs but people will tell you that it isnt necessary.As glenn l has said get bigger wheels then it will look more lowered

vs v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I figured the problem.
It was the shocks!
i got monroe gt shocks and now its just low enough top of the wheel which is perfect