Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 Wont start :(

skyracer

Reaction score
Rosebud / Mornington Peninsula / Victoria
Members Ride
VS II Berlina & BMW E30 318 iS & VS II Manual GTS
Hey,

Just did an engine swap because my old engine was buggered and got everything hooked up on the new engine.

When I go to start it. The engine light is on, and the engine is cranking but just wont fire up :bang:

Checked battery, coil packs, sparkplugs are sparking, fuel pump is priming checked fuses and relays. made sure all the loom is connected.

But it's got me stumped >.< I don't know what to do now :cry:

Help please....

Thanks
Sky

Langas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
Do you have injector pulse? Check it with a test lamp.

Knock sensors connected properly?

skyracer

Reaction score
Rosebud / Mornington Peninsula / Victoria
Members Ride
VS II Berlina & BMW E30 318 iS & VS II Manual GTS
Had racv come around and thinks the suspect is a fuel blockage somewhere, we squirted some fuel into the throttle body and first turn of the key she started up for about 2 seconds.

Fuel pump is working and can feel the hoses in the engine bay pushing fuel but none is getting into the engine, checked the spark plugs and they were bone dry, no sign of fuel :(

Checked all the sensors too they seem to be working fine.

Could it be the fuel rails or something?

Thanks heaps!

Langas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
I'm still guessing here, but I still don't think the injectors are being driven.

Do you have a multimeter? There are two wires going to each injector, one wire should be constant 12volts and the other will be a pulsing ground. The best way to check if you have injector pulse is to get a test lamp, led, 12v globe with a couple of wires or something and shove it between the two terminals in one of the injector plugs. The light should flash if there is a pulse.

If there isn't a pulse, I'd be looking very closely at wiring etc. You put all earths back onto the engine? It could be something as simple as that.