Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v6

samuel84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
I recently brought a vs v6 but after getting it home and driving for a bit theres no oil pressure and it run dry doing a bearing. A mate has given me a rebuilt series 2 engine which looks like the older version from a vn-vp maybe just wondering what i would have to do to put it in the vs some people are saying its not compatiable with the bell housing or sub frame as well. the new motor has the loom and computer

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
I recently brought a vs v6 but after getting it home and driving for a bit theres no oil pressure and it run dry doing a bearing. A mate has given me a rebuilt series 2 engine which looks like the older version from a vn-vp maybe just wondering what i would have to do to put it in the vs some people are saying its not compatiable with the bell housing or sub frame as well. the new motor has the loom and computer

I think you'll find that you aren't able to put an older engine in a newer car, as it has to meet the newer car's emissions standards. You'd be far better off getting a low kilometre ecotec engine out of a late VS, VT or even VX and using that instead.