Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V8 Gearbox in VR V8

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Both cars are statesmans, The VR is the caprice.

I know my VS has an electronic kick down. How hard is it to transfer all the stuff over to the VR so i can use the gearbox.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
vr is also electronic kick down, the auto boxs did vary over the vr to vs, but electically only i think not so much mechanically. At worst i think the plugs may be different and you may have to figure out where to fix the wires up to.

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
he is correct in saying they both have electronic kickdown's. wiring however is different, the vr tcc (torque convertor clutch) is non pulse width modulated where as the vs one is. vs automatic should have one more wire in the loom. in my experiences its best not to try and interchange them. the valve body's inside the auto are different along with many other things

there is a lot of differences internally also(even down to having different oil pump's), and i just don't think its the best solution. i rebuild auto's after hours, so you can trust what i've told you here is correct. look into it and you will find that out.

Last edited: