Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V8 Ignition Coil.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Man ! why would anyone LPG an engine like that ??

Buy a V8 for performance and then LPG it because one is a tight wad ? now that really doesn't make much sense to me.
With the twin mixer style setup, nice cam and correct ecu program, it could be made to go better on LPG than petrol.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Thanks for the input - I've had this ute for 23years, it was duel fuel from the beginning and gas was less than $0.09/L at that time. The engine was rebuilt over 15years ago with the twin GRA TB's, it's a 383 and only has a mild cam as running a T56 and 3.9diff, was not built for top end.

Needs more ride thread.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I have mine mounted behind the drivers strut tower. The module is mounted behind the passengers strut tower.

Gas is a good option on a thirsty engine. Set up properly you’ll still get decent power but at a fraction of the cost which means you’re able to afford to drive and enjoy it more.

It seems that the general consensus is that 200rwkw or thereabouts is where a single tank/single line setup signs off. Still plenty for a bit of fun!

Ben Lawes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 manual Ute
Thanks woteva & EYV, yes it has a Comp Cams custom grind for the exact current setup, drives well. Running 10.6 compression for the LPG. Putting out around 250rwkw on the dyno but can still drive on hwy at 100kph doing 1550rpm and don't have to change down to overtake.
VS5.0, yella terra rockers, Scat rods, COME crank, Keith Black flat tops, pacemaker extractors with 2.5" twin system no cats, body kit was on it when i purchased, it's an 'Apache', I've spoken years ago to the bloke who made these and still had the mold at that time. It has sat in the shed for the last 10 years and wouldn't be driven more than 10 times a year (3 times this year....).

80092916_1350044271832009_1539094722998435840_n.jpg

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Trace the black wires but I think they look like the earths for 02 sensor/map sensor that all joins up to common earth wire that runs through harness to ecu.
The earth is bolted up to passenger side head,looks like ring terminal broke off.

Got my coil to strut tower that will eventually end up under dash...ignition modue is in glovebox.Eventually I'll either ceramic coat or titanium wrap the extractors because engine bay heat is crazy on these when modified.

Single peger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbocharged vg ute, sbc r31 skyline wagon, multip
Digging up a old thread here but just brought one for my ss im building looking at the diagram above theres that short black wire that goes from the positive and then mounts to the bracket with the silver thing ( forgotten the name ) but wouldn’t that wire be going from positive to a negative going off that diagram?

I don’t have one to go off hence my reason for asking

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yes. That silver thing is a condenser which is a capacitor. 1 side connects to positive, the other to negative. It helps to smooth out power spikes, a capacitor acts like a battery.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Hi, Just to clarify

The condenser is connected from the positive on the coil to GND.

It doesn’t connect from positive on the coil to negative on the coil

Thought I would throw that in just in case.

C3 in the pic is the condenser.

Attachments

• CD7E776C-3B66-4636-A157-50699BC81863.jpeg
    CD7E776C-3B66-4636-A157-50699BC81863.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Correct, C3 is the condenser.

Condenser bodies normally have a small tab on them that screws to the bracket on the coil (that bolts onto the engine).

iu

(random interwebs example)

Single peger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbocharged vg ute, sbc r31 skyline wagon, multip

Condenser bodies normally have a small tab on them that screws to the bracket on the coil (that bolts onto the engin(random interwebs example)
Awesome that answers my question i was abit wery when it said

Condenser bodies normally have a small tab on them that screws to the bracket on the coil (that bolts onto the engine).

iu

(random interwebs example)
awesome cheers guys I wasn’t 100% sure on the way it was worded but sorted now

Reactions: Lex