Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v8 splutters when hot

Justo hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vshsv
Hi ive got a vsv8 starts and idles fine but when it heats up a little engine light comes on and it splutters and if ya put ya foot down it won't pick up sounds like its starving for fuel n backfires under car a little I think it's oxygen sensor

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Hi ive got a vsv8 starts and idles fine but when it heats up a little engine light comes on and it splutters and if ya put ya foot down it won't pick up sounds like its starving for fuel n backfires under car a little I think it's oxygen sensor

Engine light coming on is the car telling you that it knows it has a problem. It is telling you to ask it what the problem is by probing the aldl connector under ur steering wheel and counting the check engine flashes to get the code for the problem - do a search on how to get the code.

may save a lot of guessing.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Caprice - 12' VE Thunder Ute
Engine light coming on is the car telling you that it knows it has a problem. It is telling you to ask it what the problem is by probing the aldl connector under ur steering wheel and counting the check engine flashes to get the code for the problem - do a search on how to get the code.

may save a lot of guessing.

As said above, checking your codes only costs you a 50c paperclip.

I would lean towards o2 sensor as well....could also be spark related (ignition module and ignition coil can have issues when hot)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
94' VR Caprice - 12' VE Thunder Ute
Has any body got a o2 sensor for vS v8

As said in your other thread.....supercheap, repco, autobarn, holden, ebay..

They are not expensive....you would have to be stupid to put a second hand one in

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I will post you a new one for $50.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
As others have said, display your error codes before you spend money on replacement parts that you might not need.

Justo hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vshsv
Thanks guys il try code first see how I go would a o2sensor do that but it I thought it was a **** in fuel so I took fuel tank out Emty it put good hi octan fuel in it it went so good for about 5min light come on n started playing up when I first put my tank back in it was blowing black smoke it is doing my head in so bad just wondering could it b the injectors I put a screw driver on them thay seem to be all pulsating one of them is I bit slack but . Cars hay who would have one it dosent run like a hsv I tell ya thanks

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
here is what you could do:

ignore engine light (maybe cover with black tape)
remove fuel tank and clean, refill with expensive fuel not required by your engine
remove and replace all injectors
replace oxygen sensors
then, in frustration at no fix, take car to mechanic

you could do all that.......or, alternatively and for free, you could see what engine code the car was flashing at you, and go from there.

Justo hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vshsv
Done check light comes up as speed sensor witch that would not make the car do what it is doing iv pulld tank out put good fuel in n it's still the same thanks