Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs V8 Ute! Help with error codes 13,14,15,16,17,18,19,21

rooooboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have a Vs V8 aute 95model, please bare in mind these codes have only appeared after i fitted a t5 manual. (car was origiannly a auto.)

I fitted a new 02 sensor whilist carrying out the job, but the new o2 sensor lead was too short, so i extended it with 3mm wire. i have checked continuity of both wires and appear to be ok.
have i possibly damaged the new 02 sensor?

i believe the 14,15,16,17 is due to the auto mod? but i bought a ecu offebay which was supposed to be modded for a t5 conversion??

also i have tps stuck and tps voltage high? should i replace the tps sensor for this code??

please any advice or tips thank you.
please see codes from efilive image attached.

Attachments

• efilive.jpg
    efilive.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 879

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
possibly some bad earth connections.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Mate, I got exactly the same problem. I have an auto VR V8. Bought that kit off ebay, ran EFIliveV4 eval (which is complete ****), and got those exact same engine error codes. I dont think there's actually anything wrong. Google "tuner pro RT" download that and then look on delcohacking.net for the .adx file for your car.

rooooboy

Reaction score
Sp dod u convert yur car to manual.

i do believe there is a code, def with the 02 sensor as it sucks the juice almost 20/l/100kms, and check eng light comes on,

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id just double check the error codes first by flashing them up on the check engine light as well,and seeing if that shows up the same codes.Ive found that with EFIlive, and also with a couple of other different programs that Ive also tried,they can sometimes show up false sensor readings and false logged error codes that dont exist,so I always souble check any logged error codes via the check engine light..If the check engine light confirms theres error codes set,then first up,reset the ECU and clear the error codes by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 5 minutes.Then run the car for a while and see if they return,if they do return,check the wiring and connectors for the sensor(s) that have been reported as faulty,make sure the connections are tight and clean.If this doesnt fix the problem,then renew the sensor,they do wear out just like most other parts do over time..If you are not sure how to check the error codes with the check engine light,then heres a link to a post that will show you how to do this error code check by flashing them up on the check engine light,and if you scroll down near the bottom of the posts in the link,theres some excellent pics too.
---https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307---

Last edited: