Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs v8hsv

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
o2 sensor would make sense and they do tend to go on the VS. Just don't cheap out and go secondhand.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
................... just wondering if it was the plugs n leads it would miss on idle and miss straight away of driving it or can thay just brake down when thay heat up

An hairline crack in a spark plug or faulty leads can certainly cause problems like you are experiencing (an OK and idle but no good when you try and apply some power). I also had a problem recently where my 383 Calais would get what sounded like detonation happening in the inlet manifold. After a lot of sensor replacements, new spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, and testing with alternate leads and ignition module, the problem was solved when I replaced my ignition coil. Something to keep in mind, although your V8 and mine are significantly different.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Have you checked distributor timing? it may be a few degrees out, hence the struggling under load/rpm but not at idle.

Just a thought . . . .

redvpsenator

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator & VS Ute
x2 My VP Senator still has original leads only 122,000 though. It had a similar problem after a cyclone when a rat got in the engine bay and ate the middle of the two hoses under the intake manifold. It looked ok until I pulled on the hoses. Not saying it is the same cause but maybe the same parts are not working properly. I forget the error code that came up. It did not effect the engine at idle. cheers

Justo hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vshsv
Thanksmate il try that because ther has been a rat under ther thaks

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Auto or manual? Does the speedo work correctly? Have you checked all your fuses, especially fuse F12 ?