Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Vacationer help!

TriK

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Berlina II sedan
Hey guys,

Looking at buying a mint condition VS Vacationer with 115k's on the clock, automatic, stock as a rock. Full service history and it was an elderly bloke who owned in previous. He had owned it since about 40k's on the clock. The asking price is $7990, ill see what i can get cash. Im interested in doing this car up but i want to know is that price good? ill bring it down a bit but just need to know if im gettin jipped.

Also the vacationer's badges and stripe down the side....is there any way to get rid of the badges? also that blue-silver stripe...anyone know if i get a professional to paint over it white if it will come up alright? this is because personally i like it to look as smooth as can be and the stripe doesnt allow that to happen.

Any information on the VS Vacationer would be a great help or anything to look out for.

Thanks guys

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you want a top car you usually have to pay top dollars which $7990 is....though it is not really over the top. With the price that way it sounds like a dealer selling it so practice up you bargaining. Dunno about the stripes and badges but I'd guess they have been applied over the white paint - a good panel shop could possibly remove them without repainting - but like I said I'm not sure.
With that mileage she should be trouble free for another 100K. Good Luck.

TriK

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Berlina II sedan
thanks for the heads up...ill ask around about the stripes and badges...yea im hoping she will be hassle free for awhile yet...

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Badges are very easy to get off. I have a vacationer and i removed mine about 2 months ago, they just peel off. Just use your fingers, and do it slowly so it comes off in 1 piece making it easy. Is the car blue or white? I think they only came out in 2 colours

TriK

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Berlina II sedan
ahh ok nice the car is white. Did you leave the stripe down the side?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
i dunno what car prices are like in perth, but almost $8k for a vacationer...which lets face it is basically an executive with some extras...seems heaps too much, even with relitively low k's.
id shop around a bit mate...for that $8k you could find alot better.

K

krsta

TricK thats a sweet price u got compared to what i got myn for. i payed 7999 as well but wid 200k on the clock, was a lil lowerd wid the vt ss rims nd that bout it appart frm that stock as a rock

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Good price and low k's, rather pay that bit extra for a piece of mind. Just take the badges of slowly, so you dont peel the paint off.

K

krsta

i took off my vacationer badges when i heard it could b dun, it was no problem the only thing is that i still have that sticky residue stuff were the sticers were ne ideas how to get that stuff off

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Yeh i still have that stuff on one side, i used wax n grease remover to remove other side and rear, but didnt know if it would ruin the paint or not, didnt seem to