Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS - VR Commodore Roof lining solutions

Deetorious

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs Commodore V8 SS
Hey all,

So I have a black commodore VS so it gets very hot inside it!
It has its 2nd roof lining (and cardboard/ backing board) in it as the first one sagged and the board just cooked and turned to dust.

I'm starting to see this happening in my 2nd one now as its sagged from the heat and warped the board, its cooked so when trying to push up it starts cracking.

The backing boards are hard to come by at all and now mine is damaged I am unsure where to go or what to do to fix this issue?
Someone please help or refer me to someone that maybe makes custom boards that will fix this happening again like maybe fiber glass backing boards???

Dj1crook

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commodore/Lexcen, 1992 Holden Nova Hatch
What I did with my roof lining as it was starting to sag was peel the linking off and used a dust broom to brush the foam cr@p off then get yaself a can of spray paint (whichever colour you like cheap as chips/reject shop sells them cheap enough) and give it a spray it comes up very nicely

cb754

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
I used super glue and thumb tacks, a little on the tack push in...done. if you are clever , make a nice pattern, or random night star effect like mine. lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's a poor design that is destined to fail. Nothing much you can do about it unless you get a custom one made. All factory ones will eventually fail when they are outside in the sun.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The moral to the story is don't leave your car out in the sun all day I guess.

The lining itself is an easy fix while the sagging board itself..........................well that's another story. I've seen some people introduce a push stud just like the wagons use and attach that to the roof rail support span that's behind the board.

Not the perfect plush look but any things better than a headlining sitting on your head I guess.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
If the board is sagging, the Velcro isn't attached. There is Velcro strips on the roof rails and the board. If the adhesive is letting go, glue the strips on.