Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs/vr door trims into a vn

vn6_gmh

: leave a ford behind :
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 vn 5speed x calais
hey guys,just a quick question about vs/vr door trims i wanna put them into my vn (not power windows) dont want anything flash but just better than what i have and im not really sure about the front door trims after checking thorougly ive noted that the vs/vr's have the air con vents on the actuall trim where as vn's are incorporated into the dash will there be a gap/blank part when i fit the vr/vs trims in the front or anything like that?? any help would be appreciated cheers :bang:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
You cant do it without that huge gap..The cloth inserts however can be swapped between VN-VS

vn6_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 vn 5speed x calais
oh ok so avoiding that gap near top left of trim is unavoidable? if so any ideas to help that? and also just so we are on the same page what do u mean by cloth insert? cheers

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
want to avoid change the whole dash aswell thats really the only way to run vs/vs door trims. other wise put the speaker pods on your stock trims

vn6_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 vn 5speed x calais
ok sweet thanks for all your help guys,also if anyone is looking to sell 4 vn door trims with matching seats ss or s-pak or exec (must be in good nick) give me a bell as my mate is looking for a decent set :) thanx ppl

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
by cloth inserts, i mean on your door trims, it's all vinyl right, then yo have the material section, just above the armrest.These are interchangable between exec, calais, statesman ect. Standard VN door trims won't be hard to find at most good wreckers. What's up with your trim at the moment. ??

vn6_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 vn 5speed x calais
oh yh i get ya! ;) well my door trims are rooted :S the car is a stripped out calais(long story from previous owner not stolen tho lol!) and now is a bt1 spec(white with black bumpers) still has calais door trims with winder hole and power window switch hole looks very disgusting like that she has leather seats iswell and wanna change them as they get very hott in summer :( ANYONE SELLING MATCHING VN SEATS AND DOOR TRIMS PM ME :D

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Make sure they match to everything else like your dashpad ect. You shouldnt have much trouble finding exec spec parts. There not really worth anything to anyone, if you lived near me i'd just give you mine-

vn6_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 vn 5speed x calais
yeh that is true,wouldnt mind a set of vn ss seats and trims tho i reckn they look nice

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
ebays good for door trims/interior parts