Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Vr Misfire At Idle

stheggie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 1995 VS Exec, And ever since i bought it about 6 months ago its has had a miss while its idling, I have changed the plugs, leads, fuel filter and pretty much given it a full service. I have had the throttle body cleaned and still no help,

Has anyone else had a similar problem? or does anyone have any ideas as how to fix it?

thanks,

Scott

Btw - The car has only done 80,000 k's

stheggie

Reaction score
Thanks mate, never thought of that one :)
Where abouts is it located? and you wouldnt happen to know approx how much it would cost to replace?

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
my 1997 VS Acclaim had a rough idle and i did the regulars like plugs leads filters etc etc and it seems to have smoothened out.....

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Location is the passenger side exhaust flange connecting from the manifold to the first pipe.
You'll see wires coming off it.

Is the missing really bad? Tried removing your air intake and seeing if that helps?
Maybe you have a cracked/warped intake manifold gasket, or worse still a small head gasket leak.

Hopefully not, and it shouldnt happen in a low milage car (< 200,000k)

B

brettkp

Hey stheggie,

I had a similar problem with my VS berlina. Turned out to be the wiring on the oxy sensors, not the actual sensors themself.

Refer my rough running post

Brett

stheggie

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I have checked out the wiring and all seems okay.
I guess i will just have to have it looked out when the car is in for its next service, Its just shits me a little

Scott