Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS VT aerial different?

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I have done a search and can find nothing. Does anyone know if a VT electric aerial fits a VS. The photos seem the same, but I do not want to buy a VT one to find it wont fit. Thanks

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi StephenM,

The actual mechanisms are the same but the mounting bracket is totally different along with the electrical connection is also different.
I've rebuilt many of them (Original fitment Eurovox units), both variants and believe me they are not interchangeable without major messing around.

If you require a Genuine VS unit to be reconditioned I'm more than happy to do it but you'll have to send me yours for me to do. Or alternatively pay an extra $20 surcharge for no supplied unit.

I've rebuilt hundreds of them and sent them all over Australia.

Last edited:

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
tH
Hi StephenM,

The actual mechanisms are the same but the mounting bracket is totally different along with the electrical connection is also different.
I've rebuilt many of them (Original fitment Eurovox units), both variants and believe me they are not interchangeable with major messing around.

If you require a Genuine VS unit to be reconditioned I'm more than happy to do it but you'll have to send me yours for me to do.
Thanks. I put in a new mast, but neglected to note the position of the round plastic thingo. Stuffed around for a few hours and finally gave up. It ended up in the extended position and then hit something and snapped! What cost for rebuild A new one is about $140.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Hi StephenM,

I've rebuilt many of them (Original fitment Eurovox units), both variants and believe me they are not interchangeable with major messing around.

If you require a Genuine VS unit to be reconditioned I'm more than happy to do it but you'll have to send me yours for me to do.
What type of major messing around are we talking about. I have plenty of time. Is the electrical connection still two wires, red and white? Surely some type of mount can be made relatively easily.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Hi StephenM,

This one looks like mine, but says VS -VT ETChttps://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/beverley/other-parts-accessories/holden-commodore-vs-vt-vr-vx-vy-electric-aerial-antenna/1187387983

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have to ask are we talking original "OEM Eurovox" units or aftermarket ?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I guess you can jam anything in there if you are talking aftermarket stuff. I'll only deal with factory gear and not chinese knock offs.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I was wondering what a VE antenna would look like on a VS wagon for something different.
I have the roof lining out of my wagon now and it would be the best time to install.
Should I go VE or is there something else that looks sexy ?