Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs wagon fuel economy ?

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
When I first got the VS ,I thought all VN onwards commodores did 30 miles to the gallon (mpg)around town..:doh:. I was in for a rude shock when I checked the first time... 19mpg around town (and thats Canberra.. its like half way between city and highway for fuel economy, driving around here). I did a trip to Newcastle, got 29mpg, thats better....:boxing: on the way back , towing a 15' jayco caravan, I got 16mpg... not so good:hmmm:
is this level of fuel use about normal, or on the low side for a VS ?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Oxy sensors most likley stuffed.

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
Ok I'll check that... uhhh... I'm not used to modern cars... they are the things on the exhaust manifolds ?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Ok I'll check that... uhhh... I'm not used to modern cars... they are the things on the exhaust manifolds ?

Yes there underneath, closer to the cats if i remember correctly, also has the engine been given a good service?, oil, oil filter, airfilter, leads, plugs ect, what fuel do u use?

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
Its had new oil and filter, air filter looks good, I'll have to admit i havent looked at the plugs yet, and the leads are I dunno how old. I use just normal unleaded, I wont use ethanol crap in any car, and the manual said that premium is not required and wont improve perfomance or economy

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Its had new oil and filter, air filter looks good, I'll have to admit i havent looked at the plugs yet, and the leads are I dunno how old. I use just normal unleaded, I wont use ethanol crap in any car, and the manual said that premium is not required and wont improve perfomance or economy

oh ok good good, check ur fuel filter aswell may be blocked and possibly tyre pressure? id run a few tanks of 98 everynow and then just to help clean things up, as it burns cleaner

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
ok, cheers for that, I have to go all the way to Qld to pick up a caravan, I'll run a tank of premium through it before i go

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON