Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Wagon Rod

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
I'll get the windows tinted when I have the money for them. As for interceptors, I'm not gonna find a set of them here!!! I'd love them but you gotta remember I live in the UK!! Lol

Hmmm, whitewalls might just suit it y'know, I'll have to have a think on them!!

Bellicose

Reaction score
Members Ride
TOW PIG
Been watchin' ya project for awhile mate. Just one qustion tho'.

Why would you put BMW E46 318i wheels on it?

Surely you could find some decent BMW OEM 17s off a E46. You'll have to stick with something with the E46 PCD because they are the only ones with the offset you need <45.

Must be able to find some ok 17s at a breakers for a few quid?

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
I was after some steelies, liking the look of the interceptors y'all have, and came up with nada, but got offered these for next to nothing so went for them. Really like the look, and I'll probably change the wheels again at some point but I like these at the moment. Plus tyres for 15s are cheap! Lol

Our breakers charge a fortune for wheels though, be looking at £25 a wheel for steel wheels, alloys are a lot more expensive :(

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
hey man on my white vs they arn't holden stockies , they are bmw stockies/ steel wheels , painted silver with the chrome lip insert and the white walls , look identical to holden interceptors except they are 16x7 so heaps better :p

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Yea, these are 15x6.5 but we really don't have BMW steelies here, they come with alloys as standard so that's why I went for the E46 alloys.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Yeah, that'd be right. Australia gets the cheap specification Beemers without the alloys but still pays through the nose for them. Maybe we should send you some steelies from our "stocks" over here.......

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
That makes sense then if you get lower spec ones. Though over here, beemer steelies are classed as "winter wheels" and BMW charge a small fortune for them!!!! It's ridiculous!! Sell all the cars with alloys, and know that when our winter comes and our harsh road salt goes down, it'll ruin the alloys, so charge a premium for steel wheels to save the alloys. Works though.

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Steering rack leak has now been sorted. Involved taking the rack off again, taking it apart, and running a load of sealant on it on the pinion cap and seat. A lot of effort, but it's all sorted so woop!!!! :D

Also decided on a whim to paint the door speaker grills in red where they were silver to go with the theme a bit more, and really happy with the result!

311374_10150288836784081_504404080_7906831_6554417_n.jpg

Crazy_C

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Cheers mate :) Will look even better when I sort out the tyres and spacing :D

I didn't go for bigger ports as having 2 smaller ports (though they are 4" diameter by 7" long!) per sub rather than a big port means that I can have them tuned to the right frequency without having to make the ports longer. The larger the opening, the longer the port needs to be to be tuned to the same frequency.