Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs wagon, spare wheel placement??

Chapez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive (wagon)
So I have a vs wagon, I recently got LPG installed and its the 'donut' tank, it's placed where the spare wheel originally goes, now the spare wheel will have to sit in the r/h side of the cargo area but I was curious if it can be placed underneath the car somehow ? It would be allot more practical for me that way and I need all the room in the boot space, if anyone knows of anything it would help allot. Thanks

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
There isn't any room underneath unfortunately due to the fuel tank.

Chapez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive (wagon)
So I guess there's no where else it can really be placed then ! That sucks! Thanks for the help anyway.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Im not sure if there is a system in which you could possibly bolt it to the outer side of the back door, bit like 4dw's do. Only prob with this is the tail gate will be heaps heavy. But I prcastinated over thins for a while, basically i never ended up getting gas for this reason. Other option could be to attempt to try a space saver tyre and side mount it or tailgate mount it.

A.C.COOKIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive 93
Yeah I would have to agree with Tupakihi get one of those space saver containers and attach to the roof Those silver bubble looking containers are about the same size as the spare and they can be attached to the roof racks