Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Walbro GSS-342 550HP fuel pump, yes or no?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Hey guys

My fuel pump went and I want to replace it with something reliable

So I can get a Walbro GSS-342 550HP 255LPH for $132 or should I just buy the stranded replacement pump?

I also wanted to know is it reliable has anyone got one and would it be suitable for me as the only mods I have is an exhaust and CAI I won't be touching cams etc until off my P plates, and don't want it too much heavier on fuel because of a pump

Any help would be appreciated.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I haven't fitted the pump you describe but I can assure you that the original factory unit is totally reliable is all you need - they are on Ebay (Delphi brand) now for well under $100.
The bonus with fitting the standard unit is that you know it will fit!.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Just stick to a standard pump dude, they will pump enough fuel for even mildly worked cars, Ive got the same Walbro pump in my VS, and ive had no troubles with it. But its not exactly standard, you will have to modify the sender unit to make it fit, its a bit fidly. Stick to something like a Bosch unit if you want something with a good name

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
Thanks for the Info will stick to the stock pump as I wont be doing much to it in the coming months and a V8 will be going in once off the P plates as my uncle has a mildly worked 5 Liter and T5 sitting around doing nothing.

Found a for $77 with shipping so will go for that.

Thanks again.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
i know i'm a bit late :p but fitting a walbro to the standard sender is a cinch. I just ditched the pulse dampener and hose clamped some fuel line in to fit snug. They are cheap as chips too, so why not if your keen? Beware of imitations tho... i've been had once

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
yeah I was going to get the Walbro, however funding is a little low and I just want it back on the road.