Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Warning Beeps

DocBald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hi, Just installed a pioneer CD player in my car and replaced a lamp in the dash. All seemed to be ok until I took it for a test drive. I get about 6 beeps when driving. No visable warnings. Car still drives but seems to beep after stopping at lights then taking off.
Any ideas ???

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hi, Just installed a pioneer CD player in my car and replaced a lamp in the dash. All seemed to be ok until I took it for a test drive. I get about 6 beeps when driving. No visable warnings. Car still drives but seems to beep after stopping at lights then taking off.
Any ideas ???

Could be the handbrake - if you pulled the console out.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It's possibly the airbag or ABS warning - if you removed part of the dash and disconnected wires and then turned the ignition on with the wires still disconnected then you will have set an error code. However I'm with 88GreenVN and would check that handbrake warning switch first.
If the alarm is beeping it should also illuminate one of the warning lights on the dash.
Good Luck.

DocBald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Looks like you are both on the right path. Have checked and have no Handbrake lamp or LH turn indicator. Will get lamps sorted then attack the handbrake switch / console position.
Thanks

DocBald

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Thanks Hako and 88GreenVn.
Handbrake was the problem. Indication light was out and fixed up the console. No more warning beeps.

Good One Thanks

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Evidently not your problem however the cluster also beeps when you are low on fuel.