Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS wheels to fit VT/WH

BobbiBoiTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 3.6L
Is it possible, I must know I found some wheels I really want to put on my car and I’m worried about them not fitting. I’m sure they won’t fit but am I able to do a “VE wheels on PRE VE” job and get them machines down or is it another story. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks guys and gals.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
So are the wheels from a VS or a VE?

VE wheels need the centres machined out and some nuts to compensate for the smaller studs on your car. Centre might not need to be machine out if the wheels are aftermarket.

BobbiBoiTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 3.6L
So are the wheels from a VS or a VE?

VE wheels need the centres machined out and some nuts to compensate for the smaller studs on your car. Centre might not need to be machine out if the wheels are aftermarket.
I have VE wheels on my car currently but I’ve recently fallen in love with the VS wheels and was wondering if it’s the same procedure with them as it is with the VE wheels. I got some VE wheels and was able to machine them out to a snug fit but if im honest im not the fondest of them.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I’ve recently fallen in love with the VS wheels and was wondering if it’s the same procedure with them

They're exactly the same, you don't need to do anything. Some VN/VP wheels had different offsets and might foul on some stuff. but pretty much all of the VS wheels should be okay.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Could be wrong here, but didn't the IRS Statesmans have a different wheel offset to Commodores with a live axle.
Or was it track width ?

Edit ...... disregard. I think I was dribbling misguided rubbish.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Could be wrong here, but didn't the IRS Statesmans have a different wheel offset to Commodores with a live axle.
Or was it track width ?

Edit ...... disregard. I think I was dribbling misguided rubbish.

Not totally wrong, the VQ stub axles are slightly shorter than the rest of them (not 100% sure about the VP). If you run those stub axles on a VR/VS subframe you can get something like an extra 10mm of negative offset/dish if you size your wheels properly.

BobbiBoiTV

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman 3.6L
They're exactly the same, you don't need to do anything. Some VN/VP wheels had different offsets and might foul on some stuff. but pretty much all of the VS wheels should be okay.
So you think something like this will fit?

Attachments

• 14872C3D-9462-4EF3-BA7D-D77F3990E0AB.jpeg
    14872C3D-9462-4EF3-BA7D-D77F3990E0AB.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 78
  • 46F40FFF-DA52-485C-92EA-803354820FD5.jpeg
    46F40FFF-DA52-485C-92EA-803354820FD5.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 140