Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Whining sound

A

andrew1123

Hi
When the engine is warm, a whining or whooshing sound can be heard from the engine, or it sounds like its coming from the torque converter i think. Anyone know what this is?

Thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.2ltr car
hmm.
most whining occurs when the power steering pump runs dry. check that first.

V

vsDBcar

do you run a big amp cause my altenator make a whining sound to keep up with the batterys sorry if that no help

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I'm interested the hear if anybody knows what this prob is my VS does the same thing, even after I've filled the power steering up..

H

heatersarecool

sounds like power steering to me... sorrythats all i can recommend i had that problem, replacedteh pump to fix the leak and all was good

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
could be the idle pully bearing located just underneath your powersteering

V

VSAccCom

hey its prob ur alternator, they tend to do that when a bearing is going, to test it take ur drivebelt off and turn it by hand u should be able to hear like a little klinkking sound from the alternator, can get second hand one for 50-100 buks

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Mine tends to do it any time, I've noticed that my VS is making more noise when driving it now so I'm thinking its my auto tranny since it started slipping changing into 2nd today, will get it serviec in a couple of weeks and see if that fixes it..