Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS will not do a burn out

Can you do a burnout in your VS?

• Yes & Im Male

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Yes & Im Female

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No & Im Male

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • No & Im Female

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Shaneus said:
My VS is the opposite I cant stop spinning the wheels. Dont try to spin them but they just do. Think it has somet hing to do with the dodgiest tyre I have ever seen, it is called a highway, has anyone ever herd of this brand?

For easy burnouts, put about 45psi in the tyres, wack the auto trans into 1st and give it a bit.
hang on! and the air in the tyre heats up and the tyre blows up! yeah great idea.
also its can be because the rubber on the tyre is rough. but really that would matter bugger all.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
garfa said:
hang on! and the air in the tyre heats up and the tyre blows up! yeah great idea.
also its can be because the rubber on the tyre is rough. but really that would matter bugger all.

but we only burnouts on a pad at the local track with 2nd hand tires so they're ok to die

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i spin my missus V6 auto whenever i get a little excited and takeoff in a hurry, especially if i'm turning outa street but will do it in a straight line also. its got a single spinner and i've got 235.45/17" with federal (US brand, made in asia)tyres, whats worse is the missus probably does it more than me:yeah:

dunny_duck

dunny_duck
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Berlina 3.8i
96vscommodore said:
have you got IRS?? and i think it does make a diff. logical it would because it will tryand level the car out which inturn makes the rear of the car dip considerably this puts much more weight on the wheels and thus makes it ahrder rto spin.

non irs, super low dobis and munroe shocks, steps out easyer now

MBS206

Reaction score
garfa said:
Except tyres are RATED to 60PSi, and heating the tyre up, the amount it will, will raise it around 3 degrees, putting your total pressure at around 48psi, leaving you still another 12PSi before hitting the "rating" which also has a safety factor built into it.
You sir, are a smack!

S

sly06

Depends on what transmission you have if it is an auto, you have to balance the accelerator input with the brake otherwise on a manual just drop the clutch and when the wheels are spinning, just touch the brake enough so you do a line locker.

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
It's IRS, Every one of my friends stock v6s with irs cannot do a burnout unless they full lock and do donuts, but all my friends with live axle can do it, including me, i have a stock vs and i can spin it up and keep it going you just have to keep it under 5500 RPM because of idiot proofing it changes to 2nd at redline

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It's IRS, Every one of my friends stock v6s with irs cannot do a burnout unless they full lock and do donuts, but all my friends with live axle can do it, including me, i have a stock vs and i can spin it up and keep it going you just have to keep it under 5500 RPM because of idiot proofing it changes to 2nd at redline

Is it unnecessary dig week? Threads 6 years old let it die. Top points for actually searching though.