Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS will not do a burn out

Can you do a burnout in your VS?

• Yes & Im Male

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Yes & Im Female

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No & Im Male

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • No & Im Female

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
izedso said:
I find that hard to believe... Done it in at least 2 sixes without any dramas, Holden V6:yeah: (Stock) and Ford 3.9l straight 6:whistling . Both Autos, Both Stock.

I think the biggest problem is where to learn how to do these things safely and legally.

Did you acually read my entire post? I was refuring to VS with the auto, All other commos ive driven with the Auto 6 havent had a single problem doing standies. Its quite a stupid fact that the VS wont do em as easy as the VN cause its ment to have more power, Im not about to go searchin for the perfect method to get em going on my 17's although ive got it to do em a few times, it wont do em neerly as easy the VN but it still can if you try hard enough.

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
i once heard of filling the washer bottle with diesel and running the lines to the rear wheels,sure to work with plenty of smoke! give that a go

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
vn isnt as heavy as a VS.......

maybe in the name of smoothness the VS tranny is too soft as in it wont engage as hard asan older model or a more responsive newer model?

S

sassy_41

yeh tried it in the dirt 1st when it hits the rd it just stops, tryed with both intercepters and mags still no luck, and my car is live axle.

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
well im officialy puzzled i dont kno where i would be with out my burnouts (prob with a rate in 1 insurance class) ohh and that damn reputation that follows me around!

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
quiksilver1 said:
i once heard of filling the washer bottle with diesel and running the lines to the rear wheels,sure to work with plenty of smoke! give that a go

HAHAHA yea that works i new sum1 who did that to their WB ute sept he had the flame throwers on his car aswell it was always fun but looking back i see how stupid that was how very stupid

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
GLDNVL said:
Oil on tyres? Yous are crazy! If it wont do a schkid, forget about it! LMAO!

trust me mate it works just fine. try it yourself if ya dont believe me.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
hayds_12 said:
hell i had an old r31 pintara it could spin da wheels at take off and that had 84kw and weighed the same as a VL i think it is the irs and abs do you have soft suspension? mayb the arse just sqauts and makes the wheels grip

yep, the arse of my car drops about 20cm when i hit the gas. could this b the problem?? to much weight on the rear wheels. ohh does anyone know any other reason apart from the transmision and weight that the older models can do better (or at all) stand stills than say the VS-VX models?? KW wise VS-VX is far superior? im a bit miffed. maybe style of engine. i know that the ecotech dosnt kik as hard of the line as the VR does.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
well with irs' nature of trying to kep the wheels on the road its a bugger to get spinning because its eaiser for the suspension to dip down.