Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS will not do a burn out

Can you do a burnout in your VS?

• Yes & Im Male

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Yes & Im Female

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No & Im Male

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • No & Im Female

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Patrio7 said:
vn isnt as heavy as a VS.......

maybe in the name of smoothness the VS tranny is too soft as in it wont engage as hard asan older model or a more responsive newer model?

The new model, it worse then what we have, especially the VZ i.e. damn delay when you put your foot down.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I I have a vs v6 auto not the best gearbox if I take off from the lights (at the drag track) giving it will spin. I have live axel, no irs, no worries. No power mods. In the wet is not good have to baby it around. If you are going to do burn outs do it legally and get some second hand tyres to do it (cheaper)

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Funnily enough, I tried to do burnouts in a friends VS, and just couldn't do it. I thought it was just me, but I jumped into my VR (when it had the old driveline) and had it in circles within a few seconds.
Maybe it's just something with VS's? Admittedly I got the VS to spin once, but only for about 10 seconds, then it grabbed traction and stuck with it.

petezor

i like icecream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
yup just service the car / change the oil and all that after i did that to mine it was perfect.

goodluck

94VRCOMMO

the brake/accelerator method works but it does fu*k up your brakes...eventually. you do have to have a couple of goes to get this right but it does work.and if all else fails just pour oil everywhere and go for gold.

P.S. its a Fu*kin commo it should do a burnout if not take it to a mechanics and find out whats wrong with it

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
my VR spins too easily, especially in the wet! :w00t:

HaMmErD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze CDX
i have no problem doing burnouts in my commy - makes it easier being a vn :D

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
there must be somthing wrong with your car cause in mine is fken piss easy just put foot down = smoke , i can even do it now with my 18's but doesnt spin for long, around corners do 1/2 throttle and it spins :yeah:

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
If you have a VS live axle and it refuses to do a standstill it's obvious the reason is you don't know how to do it properly because every VS with live axle that I've ever seen can do it. I'm pretty sure your problem is you're holding the brakes way too hard, you're only supposed to hit the brakes slightly and floor it instantaneously. My VS has IRS and is a stocker and still lights up the rears 90% of the time, If I have passengers at the back or am up a hill it won't do it other times it's spinning like crazy.

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
have you got any subs, amps, swags, dead bodies in da boot cuz any weight over the rears does alot to traction im not fully convinced it isnt lsd cuz the 3.8 eco has more than enuf tourqe to spin an open wheeler in any condition