Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS will not do a burn out

Can you do a burnout in your VS?

• Yes & Im Male

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Yes & Im Female

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No & Im Male

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • No & Im Female

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
maybe your not trying hard enough you could always stick her in nutral and dump it into first although you tranny wont last too long all i have to do is plant my foot and ive got 245's on the rear to help with traction cause the misses thought it was to dangerous

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
Originally Posted by quiksilver1
i once heard of filling the washer bottle with diesel and running the lines to the rear wheels,sure to work with plenty of smoke!
yeah had a mate that done this to his little pussa front wheel drive ford laser smoked it up n ppl didnt know what to think. he used oil tho

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
mayb its the VS IRS that makes it hard to do it?? cause it seams ppl with live axcel dont have this problem. out of interest what beinfit does IRS have over live axcel?

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
traction.

as you corner the inner wheel is harder against the road compared to a live axel, also with a live axel, say i go half on half off a kerb my wheels are angled, with irs they do angle though not as much. basicly its more versatile.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
so a smoother ride basicly??

S

sassy_41

96vscommodore said:
mayb its the VS IRS that makes it hard to do it?? cause it seams ppl with live axcel dont have this problem. out of interest what beinfit does IRS have over live axcel?
my car is live axel

S

sassy_41

Raging Bull said:
If you have a VS live axle and it refuses to do a standstill it's obvious the reason is you don't know how to do it properly because every VS with live axle that I've ever seen can do it. I'm pretty sure your problem is you're holding the brakes way too hard, you're only supposed to hit the brakes slightly and floor it instantaneously. My VS has IRS and is a stocker and still lights up the rears 90% of the time, If I have passengers at the back or am up a hill it won't do it other times it's spinning like crazy.

its not thet i dont no how to do a burn out, and 10 other ppl have tried it to and there life is burn outs

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
Well I believe it's one of two things then,

a) your rubber is extremely good, and just won't break tracktion

b) your commodore just really doens't have the go it should... maybe it's broken ;)

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
very interesting to see that some people can and some can't, could come down to: (as mentioned)

- condition of the car (trans, engine, diff)
- IRS
- tyres

I'm not sure but try with a full tank of fuel, because there is more fuel flow and weight at the rear end, might just light up.