Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs window electrics into vn

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
lol if they are the same colour!. Remember you need a special tool to remove the door pins.

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
I have just put a set of vs electric windows into my vn. It did take me two days to do it gue to the fact i had to work. I just used the wiring harness from the vs and you dont need the BCM just someone who is smart with electrics and understands reverse pole switchs that change the polarity. The window motors have a auto cut off system inbuilt. Works well and i have not had one problem with it

when you done yours were the wires already running thru the front and back doors coz ive been told its normal to find the electric window wires already there as it was a dealership option not a factory one dunno the truth behind it though

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
when you done yours were the wires already running thru the front and back doors coz ive been told its normal to find the electric window wires already there as it was a dealership option not a factory one dunno the truth behind it though

Again, If it's got central locking, it's probably got the power window loom fitted inside the doors.

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
cool ill hafta take a look my car does have central locking so im hoping the wires are there the main reason i was askin bout the vs electrics is coz im gettin all electrics, regs and switches for $100 so its abit of a score and im knida tight for cash so i dnt really wonna pass up such a good deal

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
no i didnt have any looms as my central looking come with my alarm system.

Electric windows are pretty easy to understand basicaly its a electric motor that has two wires one red the other black. Think of the red wire being positive and black negitive when you press up the circut is connected so the window goes up untill it hits the top of the window frame and puts load on the motor. Vs window motors have a relay which under load cut the circut. Now to make the window go down you press the down button what this does is change the polarity of the wires so now the red wire is negitive and the black becomes positive so the window goes down untill it hits load wich then cuts the circut off.

If you put your own loom just use the connectors of the old loom and buy from dick smith the male to female conectors and a good wire crimper. with your new loom make sure you buy the same colour wires as whats already on the loom helps later on done the track. Use electrical tape to hold the loom together. run your wiring looms down the side sealing panels and into the center console. Ill post full pics up tommorrow step by step to help you out and others.

Last edited:

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
no i didnt have any looms as my central looking come with my alarm system.

Electric windows are pretty easy to understand basicaly its a electric motor that has two wires one red the other black. Think of the red wire being positive and black negitive when you press up the circut is connected so the window goes up untill it hits the top of the window frame and puts load on the motor. Vs window motors have a relay which under load cut the circut. Now to make the window go down you press the down button what this does is change the polarity of the wires so now the red wire is negitive and the black becomes positive so the window goes down untill it hits load wich then cuts the circut off.

If you put your own loom just use the connectors of the old loom and buy from dick smith the male to female conectors and a good wire crimper. with your new loom make sure you buy the same colour wires as whats already on the loom helps later on done the track. Use electrical tape to hold the loom together. run your wiring looms down the side sealing panels and into the center console. Ill post full pics up tommorrow step by step to help you out and others.

Cheers bloke ur a champion hope this doesnt turn out as hard as some make it sound lol

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
Everyone ill start the electric window converstion to my mates vn using vs electrics tommorrow ill post pics and step by step info.

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
its a shame this never got posted its all good though i done the mod they work well

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
its not too hard a mod actually i did hafta get all the calais looms though... theres a thread on here that helped alot i cant seem to find it now though