Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs window electrics into vn

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
hi guys, just wanted 2 know if it would be a big job to put VS calais window electrics and regs into a VN exec manual windows ive seen the thread with all the tools and how 2 do it and stuff but more wanted to know what the differences are and if anything needs 2 be changed for them to work propearly in a VN ive also heard sumthin about a body control module and its confused me

cheers!

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
putting any electric windows in an VN exec is a pain and my opinion not worth the hassle and besides its extra weight lol

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Motors from the VS will fit. But the wiring will have to come from a VN. It's a seperate loom and the easiest way to do it. VP to VS have a BCM (body control module) that controls everything: Wipers, power windows, door locks etc.

It's a big job. I've broken/stuffed 2 motors already. You will also need ALL the parts before you start. This is not a "install as i can find it" job.

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
so the idea is electrics out of a vn calais thats the easiest way 2 go? lol and yea i was planning to install it all at once probably even try to get them all working b4 installing but what about if the electrics came out of a vq stato same problems?

thanks 4 the help fellaz

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
i converted my front windows to power windows. i got the loom from a calais at the wreckers and the regs from a mate. did a little wiring here and there and it was all set. its not as hard as people make it out to be. i thought it was going to be a prick of a job but when i actually did it, wasn't hard at all.

George

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The vn/p run a separate loom for the power windows and door locks so it isnt to hard to take the wiring from a wreck and put it in your car with the separate module it should be plug and play if you take all the wiring from the donor car

Browny_226

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
The vn/p run a separate loom for the power windows and door locks so it isnt to hard to take the wiring from a wreck and put it in your car with the separate module it should be plug and play if you take all the wiring from the donor car

so if i wer to get all the wiring and regs out of a vs would i only need to get the module out of a vn/vp (what exactly whould i need from either car)

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Pull a door trim off mate and look for a little black plug that has two wires going into it, if your lucky it may have that. I pulled apart a VP executive and that had the left and right front door elec window wiring even though it never had electric windows, it would have just needed the power window module added in. And the rear wiring went to the middle pillars with a plug so half of it was already there. I dont know what the wiring setup is in a VN though, hope it might help.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
so if i wer to get all the wiring and regs out of a vs would i only need to get the module out of a vn/vp (what exactly whould i need from either car)

From a VN calais of Berlina (fitted with power windows) You will need:
1x Dash loom
1x Power window control module
2x front door wiring looms
2x rear door wiring looms

From any VN to VS:
4x power window regs.

A VN exec will have no pre installed wiring in the doors (Well mine dosen't) and VP's may cos they have central locking. Some VP's also have the window door looms installed. (same loom as c/locking in a series 2 I think)
Also the VR/VS door looms have different plugs, where the meet the dash loom, so if want to use a VR/VS door loom, you will need the other end of the plug and then need to wire it into the VN dash loom.

Greedy

Greedy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Areo
I have just put a set of vs electric windows into my vn. It did take me two days to do it gue to the fact i had to work. I just used the wiring harness from the vs and you dont need the BCM just someone who is smart with electrics and understands reverse pole switchs that change the polarity. The window motors have a auto cut off system inbuilt. Works well and i have not had one problem with it