Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Wiring loom delete

Jeff Quigley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statto
Hey people, am looking for some advice. Am doing a VS for the strip and dont need all the extra bits and pieces that isnt necessary. What is the bare minimum needed for a running car? What can i piss off to keep it as simple as possible. I know ill have to do the memcal at some stage, but im just stripping out as much as i can first. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
How dedicated for strip is this car? Will it see the street? If you have the memcal done you can have VATS removed and remove a good portion of the BMC and body loom which will take with it a lot of body functionality like central locking and power windows etc... if you moved to an aftermarket ECU the custom loom you would need to get would cut out quite a bit of loom weight.

Jeff Quigley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statto
Will never go back to the road, so dedicated srtip car, will be removing glass so electric window stuff will go as well. Dont want anything but motor and maybe tail lights(for strip rules) to work on it. Was thinking of going Hatltech but not too savvy on the wiring up of all the sensors, kind of why i was going to do the stripped back loom and memcal. No memcal as yet, just going through the set up and tear down phase at the moment.