Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS with aircleaner out the bonnet

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Hey guys, just wondering if you could post some pics of VR/VS with air filters out the bonnet for me, considering doing it to the sexecutive just to keep it different to other P-plater vr/s around sydney.

I know there is a white vs with the plates MY-05-VS with it but cant seem to find any pics of it.

And yes it would be on the ecotec not a 5L i would be doing it due to stupid annoying p-plate laws in NSW

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Have fun being defected. Give up the idea.

Like a Boss

[PZVNGI]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Series II
yea nah don't do that unless you want to be a douche.

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
I've seen that car also and it annoys the crap out of me,its just not right to have that sticking out of the bonnet.

clubsport-r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6, VZ Clubsport R8
Might be different to other p-plater commodores, however you will more then likeky be pulled over more then other p-plater commodores. I wanted to be different on my P's aswell, then decided it wasn't worth it and bought a V8 when I got off them.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
How the hell do you plan to do that?
The Ecotec doesn't have an air cleaner ontop of the motor. If you plan to stick a pod filter out of the bonnet you're an idiot.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hey mate,

It's a pointless mod, to do such a thing on your engine it will cost hundreds of thousands
of dollars to do and there is lots of reasons why it's hard to do on a ECOTEC (not that such idea ever came across my mind)
for no functional purpose. If your after the looks it will just make somebody
want to steal your car more.

Spend that cash on something worthwhile like a service. If you want to start modding your car
as in performance mods, there are many intake kits for sale by FIT or MACE I think too that might
give you a little bit more power, if it's performance you want get a worthwhile mod like
high ratio roller rockers.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Hundreds of thousands? wut?
It'd cost $25.50. Provided you already have an angle grinder.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
just for LOLs im thinking about putting my air cleaner from the front of my turbo straight up and out the bonnet on my drift car!! he he

but seriously. dont do it. not cool man. if you want different, do what im doing to my wagon. iv got a combination lexcen/VZ front bar, BA XR side skirts and rear skirt. now thats different.