Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS With vibration

scooter

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I rescently purchased a 97 model VS series II and have a slight vibration comming from somewhere?? :confused:

The vibration is only felt starting at about 70km up to 100 ish.
The frequency of the vibration feels like it could be coming from the tailshaft area?? and there doesn't seem to be any vibration when you take your foot of the throttle.

I have had it to a mechanic, but he couldnt find any obvious problem with the joints.

If anybody could point me in the right direction it would be apreciated. ;)

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
i found that driving at 80kmh i get a harmonic vibration and sound, but it goes away at say under 78 and over 82. if this sounds like your problem i wouldnt wory too much about it, but check everything cause it may not be the same thing i and a friend get. in our vs commies

ps mine is seriesI and friends is seriesII both auto v6's

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
I have a very similar thing happens with my car (VR V6 Auto) but it happens in faster speeds, from about 100-105. Took it to my mechanic and he couldn't see anything wrong, and said not to worry about it. It also only happens when I'm accelerating.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I think what youre getting is the VR/VS rattle. It just shakes when you accelerate hard. Its very common, I havent been in one that doesnt.

I

IVICA

hey mate when i was lookin for a VS commo for myself i test drove a few that done the thing your describing..so i stayed clear from them :) , i think that you can adjust the tailshaft up and down...in the centre of the two pieces, is your car lowered? because this can induce the vibration aswell. have a look you never know

G

ghostVS

yeah my v8 has allways vibrated and it sucks.. i hate it

but ill satart another thread because my problem now seems different to yours
(ie vibrates off the wheels not gear box)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
could it be from the gear box? my ute has a vibration from about 77 - 81 kms. i took it to a gear box shoppe and was told that my converter is slippling and ill (eventually) need a full rebuild if it keeps getting worse.

might pay to take your car to an autotrans mechanic. just discribe the problem and then can try and work it out.

and if you are in ACT go to autodrive in fyshwick. they are great ;)

scooter

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's fellas,

There seems to be a variety of things that could be causing it, best thing for me i think is to take it to a workshop and see if they can track it down for me..

If i do finaly find the fault i will post back to here.
You never know, It might help someone else.. :D