Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ducatilad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Hi guys,
I recently purchased a VS to use for a while while I save up for a new transmission in my other vehicle.
I love the VS its a great car. Yesterday I parked at work for the day like i usually do...i came back in the afternoon and the headlights were on (i did have them on in the morning it was foggy and raining) and the doors would not unlock (the lights usually turn off when i remove the key and open the door)

I could not unlock the car (someone tried to break in once and stuffed the lock) so I could not just use the key manually. So i broke in, switched off the lights and it started fine. I had to go back to work and grab some files - and came back 5 mins later and the car has NOT started since.

The central locking is not working (even pushing the door locks down inside (usually locks all) and BOTH keys. I am thinking this must have something to do with it. The security light was flashing so I followed the instructions in the manual and left the key in the ON position for 2 hrs and tried to start. The light had stopped flashing but car would still not start.

I am wondering if anyone has any advice. Currently the car is parked right at the front door of work (boss not happy) and I cant even lock it and really don't want to leave it sitting there for another night.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Sounds like there's not enough juice left for it to crank over. Tried jump starting it or another battery?

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
What happens when u turn the key bud? Noises lights etc etc

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hmmmm AFAIK the lights should switch off if left on when the car is locked...you had sufficient juice to start the car but the doors wouldnt unlock..kinda points to the BCM or faulty actuator....(the actuator didnt send the locked signal so the lights remained on) the car might not be turning over(if thats what you mean by not starting) because the trans lock switch is doggy try putting in in neutral and wriggling the shifter back and forth slightly as you try and start it..

anyway if it was me Id remove the neg battery terminal for a few min then reconnect to reset everything, then try cycling the door locks with the key head...if no luck put the tranny into neutral and try starting the car whilst holding down the door look button on the key head...if no go call a mobile auto electrician :)

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
As R_J_K_ says, it sounds like you have a flat battery. It must have been on its last legs and the battery drain when you started it, meant there wasn't sufficient capacity left for another start. If you had driven it home while it was still running you might have been OK. The easiest thing would be for you to try and start it using jumper leads to another car or a booster battery.

ducatilad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Thanks for your replys guys. Sorry im not good at the computer and took me AGES to find this again. VS is still broken. No, was not a flat battery. So far i have changed the BCM, ECU and key reader (just for the heck of it) and still can not get it to start. I have made a new post (caus i lost this one lol) and it has the full discription of what i have tried. I had to sell my other car (money issues with repayments etc, such is life) but now i only have my broken vs :(

Below is my latest update so ya dont have to search around for it. I really do appreciate any advice anyone has. I just cant afford to take it to holden let alone the tow to the nearest dealer a few towns away.

Sorry this is a short novel but I want to paint a clear pic of what has happened. Cheers for reading on guys!

Drove to work a few months ago and had headlights on as it was pouring. They normally turn off when you switch off and open the door right? Well they did caus I always check (habit after learning the hard way). Anyway, I came out of work that night and the lights were on, ****. The doors would not open (button on the key). I thought this must be because I 'left' the lights on and made the battery low. My drivers door lock has been broken for years after someone tried to break in so i can only use the remote button. So there I was in the rain and couldnt open my car.

They guy from the local garage broke in for me and it started fine (so no way had the lights been on all day). I drove off, got a few blocks away and realised i left my phone at work - went back, parked right at the front door - came back and the vs just would not start. It was turning over but no fire. I checked all the fuses, fuel and spark. All is fine.

After fiddling for a few days and checking all I could think off I towed it (to my bosses relief) from the main entrance at work and to a mates a few blocks away.

So, central locking still not working with the remote or when i press the latch down sitting in the car. I figure immobiliser issue? I have replaced the BCM and key fob, the key reader and the ECU!

Still will not start. Still no response from the central locking. The red light stops flasing (most of the time) and the time it didnt i left the ignition on as the book says. Still would not start.

It was turing over yesterday but today nothing with I turn the key - the reds just stay on.

I am at a total loss as to what to try next - could someone help me? Please I have not had the car working for nearly 3 months and my mates landlord wants it moved NOW