Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS11 Berlina Wagon L67, Intercooler , Leather, Modified CAI.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
ah nice, im waiting on mine to arrive. does it feel like its made much of a difference now the pod is enclosed?
will be good if it can keep the throttle response up on a hot day when the s/c feels a bit sluggish.

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
Nice wags mate, love it!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
looking good, en enclosed pod should make a difference. a good CAI should make it better again.

excuse the ignorance but what is the aluminium swirlpot or reservoir for by the powersteering reservoir. i'm guessing it's associated with the W2A intercooler:p

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
ah nice, im waiting on mine to arrive. does it feel like its made much of a difference now the pod is enclosed?
will be good if it can keep the throttle response up on a hot day when the s/c feels a bit sluggish.

I think it's running better than the GrpA airbox setup I had and the fuel economy maybe better also.
The OTR of the GrpA airbox used to get really hot sitting on top of the radiator so this setup should in theory run a lot cooler.
I'll be changing to a LS1 maf soon (when I finally get it tuned) and piping to match (85mm up from 75mm) and have picked up an APEXi 80mm pod to go with it.

SW.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
looking good, en enclosed pod should make a difference. a good CAI should make it better again.

excuse the ignorance but what is the aluminium swirlpot or reservoir for by the powersteering reservoir. i'm guessing it's associated with the W2A intercooler:p

You'd be guessing right.
It's a reservoir for the W2A makes filling up real easy and helps for checking fluid level from time to time, good also for checking finger temp of the water.
Temp never gets that high that you can't put your finger in the water.
The Yella Terra res'y cap has a pin hole in it so the system doesn't run any pressure only circulation using the pump so problems should be virtually nil.
Some of the other w2a systems on the market are sealed once filled so there will be a bit of pressure as the temp rises and it is this pressure that could potentially cause problems down the track.

Cheers SW

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You'd be guessing right.
It's a reservoir for the W2A makes filling up real easy and helps for checking fluid level from time to time, good also for checking finger temp of the water.
Temp never gets that high that you can't put your finger in the water.
The Yella Terra res'y cap has a pin hole in it so the system doesn't run any pressure only circulation using the pump so problems should be virtually nil.
Some of the other w2a systems on the market are sealed once filled so there will be a bit of pressure as the temp rises and it is this pressure that could potentially cause problems down the track.

Cheers SW

YT do put some thought into there products, probably the reason they have been at the top of the market for many years.

try adding some redline water wetter to the W2A system, not sure how it works but apparently it increases the thermal efficiency of the water at removing (transfering) heat. was designed to be used in the radiator, i have seen claims of upto 10-15% drop in coolant/radiator temps. redline make good **** so it might be worth a try:thumbsup:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
YT do put some thought into there products, probably the reason they have been at the top of the market for many years.

try adding some redline water wetter to the W2A system, not sure how it works but apparently it increases the thermal efficiency of the water at removing (transfering) heat. was designed to be used in the radiator, i have seen claims of upto 10-15% drop in coolant/radiator temps. redline make good **** so it might be worth a try:thumbsup:

Yeah thanks for the heads up, already been looking into as a few of the L67/W2A are using it with good results, just got to find who sells it in Sydney.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
you can get water wetter at pretty much any auto parts store, i know for a fact that auto barn sells it. its usually just in the isle with all the other additives and stuff (octane boosts, oil additives, etc..)

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The guy at my local Supercheap looked at me kind of funny when I asked if he sold water wetter, then I told him it was made by redline and they don't sell redline products, might try Repco or auto1.