Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VSIII Utility 5L with 15x8 Simmons

cycloneracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Commodore L Sedan
Here is my Holden utility:

It is a 2000 Olympic model with a stock 5 litre engine.
I have put these wheels on it because I like the kind of muscle car look they give the car, rather than the 20s that people seem to go with these days. I searched for quite a while to get the 8 inch wide Simmons rather than the 7 inch wide ones, so that the tyre wall would look right, rather than bulging out as it would on a 7 inch wide rim. They have been fully refurbished by Depulu wheels.
The front rims just scrape the steering arm right at full lock, so you have to take that into account when running 8's on the front.
The ute has lowered lovells springs, but they aren't super low or anything. I like the clearance I have so I'm not going to lower it anymore.
I have put slotted DBAs all round this car with VN GrpA calipers on the rear to provide adequate clearance for the rims. The standard calipers have the banjo bolt on the side and it is only 5mm from the rim which I wasn't happy with.
Anyway that's my car for now and its pretty neat for its age so I can't complain :)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
wheels look mint, but id prefer to see it lower than what it is. as is, the car looks clean by itself, the wheels look great by themselves, but they need to be bought closer together to work properly

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Very nice. Love them wheels

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Wheel/tyre combo so sexy......I miss my radial tyres :/

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Lower the back about an inch and the front two, give in the old school raked look.

Looks good though man