Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VSS analog to PWM

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
it will be fine, if the pulse is actually suitable to be read through the auto vss pin. Thats just the same config as a getrag gearbox

If not I can always send it back to you for a retune :p

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
If not I can always send it back to you for a retune :p

you'll need to send it back if your using the the auto/getrag pin, otherwise it'll work straight up if you use a T5 PCM. I'm still keeping an eye out for a T5 PCM for you :)

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
you'll need to send it back if your using the the auto/getrag pin, otherwise it'll work straight up if you use a T5 PCM. I'm still keeping an eye out for a T5 PCM for you :)

No worries, thanks, let me know when one comes your way.

So while using the Auto ECU with a pulse VSS that will connect to the gear on the output shaft of the T5, I still need to send it back to you?

ejukated

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais L67
No worries, thanks, let me know when one comes your way.

So while using the Auto ECU with a pulse VSS that will connect to the gear on the output shaft of the T5, I still need to send it back to you?

if the waveform of the VSS your using is

Inductive (auto style) - you will need to send it back
Hall Effect (stock T5 style) - you can just use it provided the pcm will read it

If you're using a circuit to convert the hall effect vss to inductive or replaceing the T5 vss with a inductive, i can switch the tune for you, then you can use a jaycar speedo corrector before the dash/PCM to get the correct PPK.

Last edited:

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
whats PPK? pulse per kilometer?

anywho as discussed in PM it will be on its way back to you soon

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yeah its a hall effect output, with an inductive style input, I'll just put the gear from my current VSS on it and it should go fine, that chip will be in the post tomorrow.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I can't prove that it works yet, I still havn't even put the box in my car :p

i'm 100% sure it will work though. Here is the link for everyone.

Speedometer Gear, Speedometer Gears, Ford, GM, Dodge 700R4

This is the item I got, its a ford part, but it should do the trick, I havn't even had a chance to match this up to the gearbox yet as my T5 is at my friends workshop and my car is off the road due to it catching fire.

If you buy it, and later we discover its no good, I wont be held accountable for your loss.

HPIM1650.JPG

#9SS. Ford 8 pulse speed sensor for the above driven speedometer gears. This speed sensor works with cable only, pulse generator only or both cable and pulse generator at the same time. Works with speedometer cable number 4190. Cost $39.00

I'll let you know if it works, you may also need to have your memcal tuned again, there is an option for what type of VSS to use.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
as long as it fits the box and you do the math to correct it for the difference between 8 pulses and 40 pulses per turn of the driveshaft and enter the correct value should be sweet as ide say