Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VSS(vehicle speed sensor)how to fix on a VP V8,fault code 24

goldvnaero

HOLDENS RULE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4
Hey all,just wondering if anyone can help me out,my mate has a vp v8,and it brings up fault code 24 when tested,which is a vehicle speed sensor,i was just wondering how to correct this..

He doesnt have the t700 trans in it either,has a t350 3 speed.and currently has no speedo.any idead would be greatly appreciated..

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
goldvnaero said:
Hey all,just wondering if anyone can help me out,my mate has a vp v8,and it brings up fault code 24 when tested,which is a vehicle speed sensor,i was just wondering how to correct this..

He doesnt have the t700 trans in it either,has a t350 3 speed.and currently has no speedo.any idead would be greatly appreciated..
it needs to have a speed sensor output from the trans, simple

Rob

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
These units can be bought from castle auto and electrics, I had to use one on my torana when I fitted a VP 5L and toyota 5 speed.

goldvnaero

HOLDENS RULE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4
it does have a sensor fitted on it..one bought from OG speed shop in adelaide.a universal one to fit the t350.still no speedo and it still coming up with the same fault code.and a new code came up today as well.code 22,which i think is throttle position sensor(voltage too low).goin in to get fixed tomorrow anyway.let ya know how he goes..cheers for the replys