Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 195i cubsport mods?

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
okay guys i recently got a 195i clubsport as a toy..

im having trouble finding which mods are worth getting to start off. currently its stock, bar a cat back exhaust, stainless steal cats, and pacemaker tri-y headers...
i was thinking tune tune and air intake and throttle body.. although im told there is no real power to be gains as the 195i is already fairly tuned and has a biggr air flow...

any suggestions would help. if you could tell me what would be good to start with? (lower price things) then down the track ill just cam-charge it...

hopefully somebody has some info! thanks guys!

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
you are right theres not much to gain with a tune so dont worry about that just yet. i would suggest diff gears. do u have auto or manual?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I'd be hittin up greenfoam for a tune their fairly cheap, plus upgrade the intake

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
You could get the heads ported and polished and a stage 2 cam put in the same time ? Also as mentioned above, diff gears !!

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I'd be hittin up greenfoam for a tune their fairly cheap, plus upgrade the intake

It would be good if Greenfoam/nicefrog could actually answer whether he is willing to re-tune my car, I have asked him on numerous occasions and I'm still waiting for a reply!

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
Yeah I tried hitting up green on eBay but no reply, what kind if money would u be looking at for diff gears, and what kind of money for cams etc? And would there be much power to gain?? Im leaning towards a vortech charger and custom tune really at the moment lol

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
vortech charger is the best bang for buck by far. diff gears are around 1000 and cams can be anywhere from 1000-3000 depending on where u go

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
yeah im actually checking out a 5.0litre turbo kit at the moment, and if that falls through ill most likely be going for a vortech t trim kit. if niether comes up ill just grab some diff gears and maybe a stroker kit... thanks heaps for the input guys i really appreciate it ;)

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
nice work. it'll be a killer either way you decide to go

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
ahh just got through talking to some mace engineering people. they said they can supply me, air intake, 70mm throttle & memcal to suit at a good price package deal. with decent power gains.

what do you guys think? worth doing this before charging it??

also 1 more thing, as i said earlier i know the clubby has a mild tune, but does that mean i can still memcal the ecu with the mace engineering one? or not to bother? just get the throttle and intake??

cheers boys