Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt 2 taillight harness - adelaide

thefish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi guys,

I have just bought my first commodore, a VT 2 Exec :thumbsup:

It's going to be a bit of a project so i'm sure this forum will become a regular haunt for me :yeah:

Anyway, I was crusing around last night and noticed I had no taillights!

I want home removed the tail light assys and found no bulbs!

It turns out that both tail/brake light harnesses are broken (the plastic bulb receptical)..

Does anyone know where I can get 2 replacement harnesses today in Adelaide??

Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 290

pursuit_special

Legal Expert
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 1996 Series 1
Hahaha i'm looking for a similar thing and i just got back from a holiday in Adelaide myself (i'm from Perth). I am just about to call my local auto electrician because my friend said that they stocked new VS lights so i am assuming they will have the harness as well.

My problem is that one of my rear tail/brake lights is intermittent and i have restricted it to a dodgey connection within the bayonet somewhere.

If your local auto electrician does not stock it i would try some holden wreckers in your area.

Hope this helps.

Catchya later.

thefish

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I have been phoning around, Wreckers wanted $38 per side and I just got the 2 complete looms and bulbs direct from Holden for $70... Go figure......

Thanks 4 ur help :0)

pac3y

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt S Pack Series 2
happened to me the other day.....got a harness from my wreckers for 10 bucks. it did turn out to be a vt series 1 harness so it had the clear indicator bulb instead of an orange one. cost like 3 bucks for a set of new bulbs!

hope this helps...:thumbsup:

Oranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore 5.7
I had to replace mine, $34-36 each brand new from Holden spare parts. No point fitting second hand, only going to be brittle like your originals.

Adam.