Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt 3.8 auto developing rough idle

JKendy99

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 3.8
Hey guys 1st post here

Few months ago, I bought a 1998 Berlina 3.8 vt auto, it's got 155xxxkm on the clock. Since buying it I've had to do the intake valley manifold and the Cas which was a real bummer as I've had to do significant repairs to all cars I've had within the 1st month. Not exactly mechanically minded, but I got the beast back 2 weeks ago and is starting to develop a rough idle, only when in drive. Have looked over other posts on here but havnt really found any good info. It's still a good 3000km away from a oil change so was just wondering if you guys here might have a bit more insight on this problem as it's starting to annoy me, also this vehicle has been well maintained and I have a full service history as we are only the 2nd family to own this car.

Cheers.

Dak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Check for vacuum leaks, especially the small hose that goes from the bottom of the throttle body over the the right rear of the intake manifold.