Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 5 litre Mods/Price n power results what u think PLS

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
I recently booked my car to get HM headers fitted + custom tuned in Dynomotive @ Bayswater n they guarantee me 30rwkw in increase. They quote me 770 for the headers n 700 for the custom tune but i got it down to 1400. So is that an alright price? what u guys think. Btw i already got CAI K&N filter n cat back twin 2 1/2. Oh n i ask them about gettin the cams done n they said 2800 thats including the chip n tune ofcourse with another 30rwkw increase plz really need some feedback cheers m8. Hopefully this will satisfy me till i get the new VE R8 in about a yr luv that car in Black on black but still waiting to depreciate for a bit n lastly my 99 vt only done 75000k if theres any opinion about it thanks again

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
also ask them bout rockers but they reckon that in wont make the car go any faster so im im like huh? my knowledge in these things r limited so an opinion from a guy that knows their stuff will be much appreciated ty

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
leave the rockers, the price sounds around ballpark yeah. if you are planing on getting a cam done, dont bother getting the car tuned now. get the headers fitted thats all, the car has to be tuned once the cam is installed anyway, ull be doubling up on tunes for no real reason.

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
thanks m8 for ur opinion n yes i have thought of that im actually ready to get the cams done now since i saved a little but i juz wanna test their work 1st if they can actually deliver. i now its a 700 lost but dont wanna spend a whole bunch too n lose more. any thoughts

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
so is 700 worth the sacrifice i aint rich but juz dont wanna spend a lot more money n be disappointed by their work

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
mate just save the 700 u were going to spend on a tune, this is encorporated in the 2800 theyre quoted you for the cam install. dont double up. u dont need a tune just for the headers, u will still see gains. get your headers, then get your cam install done and let them tune it. ur saving money and getting the same results.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I will get you 15 rwkw for 50 bucks, 100% for sure on a VT 5 litre, maybe more than that. You can get the other 15 from a 1000$ twin system. Oh you allready have a twin system :), you wont gain 15 rwkw from headers