Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adrian's Vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore manual
Hey all, buying a vt ss, taking the 5L and everything for my conversion, I done brakes, tank, and pump already, so what will I need for the conversion, I know the obvious ones, ecu, loom, auto tailshaft, do I need the bcm? And anything else needed? I'm aware of the ignition module too

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
It will be easier to use a VR V8 ecu and loom as it will plug and play. Using the VT ecu will take a lot of extra work to integrate into the VR wiring.

Adrian's Vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore manual
It will be easier to use a VR V8 ecu and loom as it will plug and play. Using the VT ecu will take a lot of extra work to integrate into the VR wiring.
Will vr/vs loom plug in the vt 5L perfectly tho because the vt has a different firing order

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
1-2-7-8-4-5-6-3 I thought the firing order hadn't change since 308?
VT will have Sequential injection what the other sensor in the distributor does tells it when to fire number one injector, the ecu location is why a vr loom will be easier

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps

Wont a VR ecu turn it back into a batch injector fire 304? Not ideal.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Wont a VR ecu turn it back into a batch injector fire 304? Not ideal.
I think that I could live with that small problem verses the nightmare of trying to graft in a VT ecu and get it working myself. I know it would cost thousands extra for an auto elecy to do it.

If I was going to the trouble of all that work to wire up a VT ecu, I would definately be going LS1 as the modified looms and programmed ECU's are available off the shelf.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
After you change all different things of vt to vr or tried making it all work you'd wished you got vt-vy ls donor car instead.

vr-vs 304 donor car you'd have been sweet...vt setup is distant choice after vs s3 for a conversion

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Hey all, buying a vt ss, taking the 5L and everything for my conversion, I done brakes, tank, and pump already, so what will I need for the conversion, I know the obvious ones, ecu, loom, auto tailshaft, do I need the bcm? And anything else needed? I'm aware of the ignition module too
VT PCM and BCM must be linked, so presumably you need BCM from donor car

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not if vats disabled...amongst all the wiring changes & vt parts that don't fit.