Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt 5ltr running lean help

mick932

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina 5ltr
hi guys and girls first time poster just worndering if anyone has had the prob im having ive looked in the forums but no luck

i have a 5ltr v8 berlina that stalls like its running out of fuel i can drive it just fine for about 10-20 kms in the morn on the highway nothing bad really happens but on the way back getting off the highway i get about 2km and the car stalls out like it just turns off i have the wait 2mins then it will turn on like nothing happend for about 1km then it will stop again
i have noticed that once it stops the fuel pump wont prime for a few key turns once it dose it starts again i have found no vac leaks maf and reg seems to be working car almost stalls taking plug off maf and revs pick up once vac hose is off the reg

so i have just replaced the fuel pump about 5kms ago and same on the filter it hasnt stoped today but
i can turn car on and eng light wont come on at all in park ildeing once i start driving eng light comes on about 1min into driving i have done the earth out trick and got the reading of 64 and 44 lean on bank left and right
its driving me nuts any help would be great
thanks

Last edited:

VSteve

Reaction score
Not sure if the 5ltr has an air flow meter. But if it does I would try cleaning or replacing it.

mick932

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina 5ltr
sorry i wrote map not maf (mass air flow) my bad seems to be working fine

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Whats the air filter like?Id also check for any vacuum lines around the engine that may have come off.

Last edited:

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Might need to give it a run with a fuel pressure gauge on it to see what is happening. Could be just dirty injectors too