Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt acceleration shudder

bazza1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 vn
Hey guys

I have a problem when I'm accelerating, it sometimes shudders as if the traction control is on and you lose traction (power cuts out) then have too put the foot down a little further and it's okay

Car was recently serviced, I am thinking maybe diff, but not too sure, heard on the grapevine that could be coils or fuel filter anyone had this issue and solved it?

Shudder feels like rear end

D

devilly

fuel filter cheap and easy enough job start with that :)
could be a vacuum leak at the hose at the bottom of throttle body to the back of
motor<---when it gets worse every time you accelerator feels like bunny hopping and when you take your foot off feels normal.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
the problem is more likely the ignition leads or the sparks plugs

you should replace both

bazza1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 vn
It has a really smooth idol, if it was spark leads or plugs wouldn't I feel it running on 5 cylinders?

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
It has a really smooth idol, if it was spark leads or plugs wouldn't I feel it running on 5 cylinders?

not necessarily, plugs, leads and coils can break down under load.

D

devilly

put some injector cleaner in fuel tank.grab some good zippy locks and do all vacuum lines.

3 at rear of motor and 2 from throttle body <---i reckon it may be coming from here.

whats it like when you accelerate and when it starts playing up just take your foot off ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Just a thought... As it is hard from your description to isolate... Have you checked the tail shaft center bearing and the uni joints for slop?