Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Acclaim wagon power windows!

GIMPY1

Bass Slappin Mag Designer
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
Sorry if this has been coverd 1000000000 times! i spent all morning searching and could not find anything relevant to me!

A few years back, dad salvedged a bunch of power window regulators, swicthes, console switch & door trims out of a VT clubsport.

Just wondering (minus the back door trims) if everything else should bolt in alright, and being an acclaim, which had factory option power windows, would i need any extra wiring as dad didnt grab that!

Any help would be great!

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
When I had my VT Acclaim wagon I installed power windows and the only wiring that wasn't already there were the door looms. The door looms are different in the series 1 and 2, series 2 are the same as VX. I have a set of door looms for a series 2 if you are interested.

GIMPY1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
great thanks! just wanted a llittle bit of insight before i rip stuff appart! i might pull ot the lower section of the dash tonight to see if the plug is there for the main switch!

GIMPY1

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN GENIII
thanks accentstencil! im not 100% sure what series my car is (pretty sure series 1) but ill get back to you! Out of interest, where do the door looms need to be run too....the BCM? infact where is the BCM? lol

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks accentstencil! im not 100% sure what series my car is (pretty sure series 1) but ill get back to you! Out of interest, where do the door looms need to be run too....the BCM? infact where is the BCM? lol

The door looms run from the body through the doors. The BCM is up behind the dash on the driver's side but you won't need to access it.
If you have a series 1 the looms unplug at the body and if you have a series 2 the will be a rubber grommet at the body and a connector behind that.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
If your car has ABS the wiring will be there. ABS is standard on the Acclaim so it will be there. However you MIGHT need to cut two wires off the BCM connectors and solder them in. You will need to change the four door looms which are easy to replace. As said above, Series 1 is different. You will need to change all four door trims to get rid of the holes where the cranks used to be.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
this switch for the bcm to door loum?? where would that be in the vt s1?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
However you MIGHT need to cut two wires off the BCM connectors and solder them in.
I didn't need to do that, just door looms, relay and fuse and it was right to go.