Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT airbag open circuit?

johnandles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Hello, had my vt airbag light on for some time .Took it to a repairer with a scantool.
He cleared the fault,but came back on straight away as "open circuit" airbag.
The most common problem he suggested was the clock spring.
I replaced the clockspring but the light stays on.He said that it should not require the fault to be cleared after,only that the fault stays in memory.,and the light should go off if the selftest is not sensing any fault.Is this the case?
Also how do I test the airbag, Iam not to keen to probe the connection with a multimeter, or if that is safe to do what readings should I have?
Sorry about the multi questions.
Thanks
John

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
I think he is a bit confused..

You will need to get the code removed again as after he cleared it the system did a check and found that the clock spring was faulty. so even after you have replaced the clock spring.. the code is still lodged in the system so it thinks the clock spring is still faulty...

So go get the codes cleared and it should be right....

johnandles

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Thanks for the reply,I will take it for another scan..but if it comes back with the same "airbag open circuit" is the system reporting the airbag side of things..or can a pretensioner or something else give the same error?
can the airbag be tested?
Thanks
John