Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Aircon Vacuum Issue

BrentonSA81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Auto
hi all
Just look for some advise with fixing this annoying problem, when the aircon is on and under acceleration or up hill it transfers from face vents to up the window, was told it's a vacuum problem.
Had anyone else had this issue before and how did you fix it?
Looking to give her a birthday on the weekend and if anyone has steps to go through to fix this pain in the $$$ problem would be very great full..

Cheers.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The easiest hose to check is the thin vacuum hose that connects to the rear of the intake manifold, it also has a white one way valve on the hose that should be checked, you can only blow air through it one way and not the other way. Make sure the hose fits tightly and has no splits.

BrentonSA81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Auto
Awesome thanks mate, that'll be my starting point and hopefully that fixes it..

RustyNS

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX V6 Berlina, 03 VY V6 Crewman
Currently i am having this exact same problem with my vx. There are a lot of threads on here about this that I couldn't find the first few times I searched, but they are there and have some good information. I fitted a new actuator that controls the vent direction and also changed out the solenoid vacuum valve block for a new one too. Checked all the hoses, the vacuum reservoir on the side of the AC unit and checked the check valve at the back of the plenum, they all seem good. Still have the problem. Not really sure what else to look at. Will be pulling it all apart again next weekend.

convas

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SSV
Currently i am having this exact same problem with my vx. There are a lot of threads on here about this that I couldn't find the first few times I searched, but they are there and have some good information. I fitted a new actuator that controls the vent direction and also changed out the solenoid vacuum valve block for a new one too. Checked all the hoses, the vacuum reservoir on the side of the AC unit and checked the check valve at the back of the plenum, they all seem good. Still have the problem. Not really sure what else to look at. Will be pulling it all apart again next weekend.

A vacuum tester should identify the problem, is that what you are using to test ?
The factory service manual is very handy when doing this.
P1010009.jpg

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
vents shifting under accel is due to lack of vac resevre check the vac tank and line for splits or rodney rodent teeth marks they enjoy a chew on rubber hoses